Thursday, November 1, 2007

Is Ann Coulter a Transvestite?

Okay, I have to cop to the fact that I know exactly what caused this search string to land a visitor to my blog today. It was my post from last March entitled "Ann Coulter...What the Hell?" In that post, I suggested than Ann Coulter LOOKED like a transvestite. It wasn't by any means the focus of the post, and given that there must be hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of other people who have noticed that Ann Coulter looks like a transvestite, it does surprise me a bit that my 7-month-old post with only one paragraph about Ann Coulter's looks is still coming up on the second page of search results...but there it is. At least I know how in the heck this one happened.

The thing is, I don't know the answer.

I suspect that Ann Coulter is NOT a transvestite, and is instead merely an unfortunate looking woman. The potential poetic irony is tempting, I'll admit--and I have to think it wasn't an Ann Coulter supporter running this search--but I think it's a red herring. Or at least, last week I would have thought it was a red herring--this week I learned that no one knows what red herring means and we're not supposed to use that phrase anymore.

Whatever we want to call it, here's the point: Ann Coulter doesn't use logic. She doesn't make sense. She defies reason. That said, it doesn't make a lick of difference whether she's a woman who just happens to look like a man, a man trying to look like a woman, or a monkey trying to look like a human. As a political commentator, she's a wash. Stop worrying about what's under her clothes--what's coming out of her mouth is really all the ammo you need.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...